Weetacon

Forums for Weetacon
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New registered user ids
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Hi there new user! Welcome to the Weetacon group.

If you've registered for a user id but haven't gotten confirmed, please don't be offended. This board gets hit by roughly 60 new spam users a day. This is a very small community, with about five legitimate new user registrations per YEAR. Because the admins were getting sick of receiving 60 new emails every day for spam users, we had no choice but to turn off the notifications for new forum registrations. This means that we also miss the legitimate ones like you.

But! You're reading this right now, so we know that you're real. Chances are that you've already communicated with me (aka Wendy Bix) through a different mechanism, be it email, Twitter, Facebook, blog comments or mental telepathy. Use your finely tuned internet skills to send me the user id that you added to this forum. I'll go out and find it in the sea of spam identities and turn it on for you. Easy peasy.

Thanks for understanding and for being patient while we get around this part of the process. I promise this is the hardest part of participating in this forum.

Bix