Weetacon

Forums for Weetacon
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lazer Tag-lous
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:15 pm 

With the shift in venue from a family friendly course with pop 40, to a multi level adult space, and a fog machine. FOG MACHINE! This means that the lazer tag rules are going to shift a little bit from a series of lighting rounds.

The main game will be a capture the flag type round that lasts approximately 40 minutes. There will be two teams of up to about 30 players total. Depending on the number of people who opt in, we will divide the groups up to be even. While the Capture the Flag game is the main event, there will be a shorter skirmish game afterwards, where people that didn't make it into the CtF game can play, or those who got pwn'd too badly in CtF can have their asses handed to them a second time.

Oh, that reminds me, Trash Talking is encouraged, especially towards members of the opposing team, so bring your A Game. The judging will be arbitrary, as in all things, and the judge (Me) is a capricious bastard. If your taunts are lazer tag specific, they will garner more favor with the judge ie: You better be wearing sunscreen Poppy, as I'm about to give you cancer! will gain more points than I must be a bus driver with the way I took your ass to school. Currently, the Fog Machine is winning with 10 pts. Because it's a MF'in FOG MACHINE!

I'm thinking Mike is going to be an easy target in his sequined mini dress, however the rest of you might want to consider going Heavens Gate in your best I'm gonna catch that comet dress for the event, as there might be advantages to both black and comfort. Please post any questions or comments to this thread, and let me know if you plan on playing one or both of the games.

Post subject: Re: Lazer Tag-lous
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:19 pm 

Here's the new venue's website:

http://badgersportspark.com/attractions/

Just in case you want to butter up the fog machine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:15 pm 

I'm in for both games.

Prepare to have your ass kicked by sequined Converse (hey, I have to match the mini-dress)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:44 pm 

Michael wrote:
I'm in for both games.

Prepare to have your ass kicked by sequined Converse (hey, I have to match the mini-dress)

Interesting, and a brave choice Mike. However, when I stomp you in my fuck me pumps while taking you out with a stimulated emission it's going to bruise the ego just a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 pm 

Also, this might be my favorite Wikipedia image to date.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 am 

I love it when science sounds dirty. I might have taken more of those types of classes in high school if they'd marketed them to me along those lines.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:01 am 

I will confess that I have never played lazer tag. How do you play? What is the object? What is the deal? 'Splain, plz.

:ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 am 

TranceJen wrote:
I will confess that I have never played lazer tag. How do you play? What is the object? What is the deal? 'Splain, plz.

You are given a gun. This gun shoots light. When it hits another player the sensor registers the hit and buzzes, or some such thing. Usually your gun is disabled for about 15 to 20 seconds. It depends on the game. The first game will be a capture the flag style game, which is going under the Team Building moniker. It means that there will be two teams and a goal. There will be fog. Hopefully Europe's Final Countdown, and a whole lot of action. The game is scheduled to last 30 minutes. It's a lot of fun. It's also a game that can be played several different ways. Those not wanting to run about for 30 minutes could set up as a sniper, guard, etc. It's about having fun, and working together to totally destroy the other team. You can expect to have the adrenaline hit you. Also, remember! Points for the best taunts!

Jen, you might want to consider taking the bag of tokens or the game of mini bowling instead. I'm not sure how you would handle the black lights, loud music, and fog machine. I would hate for you to have a seizure or get ill. Though the vision of Mike in a sequined mini might just cure all. Just be aware of the environment, and know that absolutely I want you to play if it is appropriate! That same sentiment goes for everyone. Lazer Tag is awesome. But be smart about it!

Since we are having two games, the second game will be less formalized, more like a free for all skirmish, I'm imagining. This might change depending on who is in for the second game, and the time we have.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm 

If I can deal with lights in a club or whatnot, I think I can handle it. Should be fine. 8-)

But thank you for the concern!

I look forward to it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]