Weetacon

Forums for Weetacon
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Right now, I think I remember Weetacon jail, how excited everyone was about the trophies and the quiet point after the award ceremony when no one wanted to move, and also, the miserable snowstorm on Sunday that jacked up everyone's travel plans (and meant that there were a ton of leftovers at my house with no one to eat them).

How about you? What were your most memorable moments at the last Weetacon you attended, whenever it was?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:34 am 
I remember that I am the master of life...you may all bow now. I also of course loved the horsies, and boo yah. But over all I think my favorite were the brats made with love.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:08 pm 

How can I forget how absolutely horrible the travel was for us? But it was, of course, totally worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:05 pm 
For me, it's totally the weather jacking up the travel plans. Thank goodness Dave and I had taken vacation days on Monday to just hang out at home and chill after the awesome weekend. Because of the snow squalling, we didn't get home until Monday afternoon. The cats were pissed and the hanging out was minimized, but I agree with Mary - totally worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:07 pm 

Whoops - sorry about that last post. I didn't realize I wasn't signed in!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

I fixed it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:43 am 

I remember driving home like a bat out of hell, just ahead of the storm. During that 10-hour drive, I relived the whole weekend before the Weetacon Post-departum Depression set in. It was exhilarating to see friends from JCDC/3WA and tentatively develop new connections that have only grown over the past seven months.

Hell, the entire experience was fabulously overwhelming.

(Mel told me I would go home with new BFFs, and betcha-by-golly-wow she was right.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:21 pm 

I had a fucking blast this past Weetacon. What I remember most clearly was the weather.

Everything else I don't remember because I was drunk.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:31 pm 

Meg wrote:
Weetacon Post-departum Depression

So true. Everyone should be aware of this phenomenon pre-Weetacon so they can plan accordingly (I don't know what those plans could/should be, though; let me know if you figure that out).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:05 pm 
Site Admin

We should probably plan for debriefing on Sundays so that people are aware of the symptoms and remedies.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next