Weetacon

Forums for Weetacon
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Milwaukee Express
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Now that Southwest is flying into Milwaukee, the other airlines are dropping fares and now you can fly into MKE for about the same price as flying into O'Hare. As this will require you to rent a car to make the 100 mile drive north to Green Bay (don't be afraid, it's a straight shot at 65 mph on I43), it might be nice to save some money and carpool with other Weetacon folks.

Post your travel plans and ride shares into Milwaukee here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:40 pm 

I am arriving in Milwaukee on Friday morning at 9:15 a.m. and have procured a rental car. I would be happy to drive someone to Green Bay at no charge, as I am rich as shit. My only requirement is that the person(s) riding with me must be willing to gossip viciously about various Internet Personalities and must not be offended by plentiful cursing up to and including copious and liberal use of the F word, the C word, and Our Lord's Name in Vain.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am 

PlainJane, I do love all things gossiping viciously about various Internet Personalities, I am not be offended by plentiful cursing up to and including copious and liberal use of the F word, the C word, and Our Lord's Name in Vain. I have not made my flight arrangements yet but I believe I may be arriving Thursday. If it is not possible to come in Thursday and Friday is my day to arrive, I would love to be your co-pilot. I also promise not to hug you unless invited.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 am 

Arrives Milwaukee, WI (MKE) Thur, Mar 4 3:35p on American Airlines

Departs Milwaukee, WI (MKE) Sun, Mar 7 4:15p AA again (or canadianair)

I will be looking for a ride to and from the airport. Can't wait!!!

Eileen

PS. My only regret is that by arriving on Thursday, I will miss being in a car with THE PlainJane, with BONUS! vicious gossip and gratuitous cussing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:49 pm 

Ahem. Eileen, we have room for one more in The Poguemobile. Our ride into GB will also includ SuzannaDanna and as a bonus, we usually stop at the Infamous Sheboygan McDonald's. Let me know if you're interested!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm 

I think stopping at the Sheboygan McDonald's is a semi-tradition by now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:50 am 

Melinda wrote:
Ahem. Eileen, we have room for one more in The Poguemobile. Our ride into GB will also includ SuzannaDanna and as a bonus, we usually stop at the Infamous Sheboygan McDonald's. Let me know if you're interested!

Sounds wonderful, count me in.

Just why is the Sheboygan McDonald's infamous?

Thanks, Eileen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:43 pm 

Eileen, it's infamous because we make it so! (Also, Wendy says they serve bratwursts now!!) Really, I just really love saying Sheboygan.

Attn all MKE arrivals renting cars: I just got our rental car (a full size from Hertz) on Hotwire for $16.95/day. I highly recommend that route! (Th-Mon for under $100? Yes please!)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Eileen, I'm a creature of habit, and having run that stretch of road so frequently, I have exactly two places that I stop to get gas/use the bathroom, and one of them is the Sheboygan McDonald's/Shell station (the other tends to be in Belgium/Lake Church, less convenient but sometimes on my way out of town, I won't make it to Sheboygan without stopping for whatever reason. The perk there is that there's a building with a giant hobo sculpture!). I've been talking to Melinda on the phone during a few of those stops and it was funny because she knew exactly which one I was talking about. And with that, there was infamy.

They have reliably clean bathrooms, Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the gas station part and yes, the McDonald's is currently selling bratwursts (although that promotion only goes through the Superbowl, usually, so you probably won't get to partake).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:23 am 

What she said. (We always stop there because I can't make it from MKE to GB without needing to pee, and I remembered Wendy said that was a reliably good place to stop. The french fries are just an added bonus.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next